We had a really fun weekend. My brother and his wife moved here a couple of weeks ago, and it was fun spending some time with them. They have the cutest family and I am just so excited that we finally get to see them all the time.
The annual Nelson Family Reunion was this weekend. We had a little cousin get together, which was sick (as my 16 year old nephew would say), and I want to thank our lovely hosts John and Josh for having us crash their bachelor pad. We played games, air hockey (there was injuries, including my blood blister), guitar hero and best of all sang karaoke. Dude, just so you know, I rock. I am the best singer and dancer that ever was born. Then there was everyone else. I think I might enter a competition. I will let you know how it goes.
Saturday, we had our rivalry softball game. We always get put on the opposite side of the Hendy's, and we lose quite often. But nope, this year our team won. I know you are thinking, no way. But mine and Kim's pitching skills came in quite handy. Oh, and the fact that we had a lot of our big hitters finally show up this year. We are offical softball reunion winners, it feels so good.
I know this post seems somewhat boring, but for those who were there, you may find some enjoyment in reading it. Happy reunioning and karaoking and good look next year!
Quick Trip to Lake Powell
2 years ago



5 comments:
Okay Jo... Time to get serious! The Pitching was averaged and the Singing and Dancing was ... HORRIFIC! (Where were you on the night of the "So you think you can dance" auditions in Salt Lake)? I will however commend you for your efforts. And if memory serves me at all this was our 2nd win in 2 years :-) Go Team!
Yes Ryan and Hailee, I know you think you won last year, but you DID NOT. Just because you scored ten runs in the last inning doesn't mean you won. We were already up by like 30. And Hailee, don't let Ryan brainwash you. You know he's not always right.
Anyway, soak it all up this year because next year the Hendy's are definitely going back to tradition and taking you down!!!
And I agree, your karaoke was very entertaining. And you can interpret that however you want.
Love ya JoRae!
It looks as if your post has created some sweet family rivalry. Sounds fun! BTW, love those Children of the Promise books- I read them all a couple years ago and was hooked. I know I wasn't at your family reunion for your little Karaoke number but I can only imagine. . .
Best singer and dancer EVER? Wow! I've heard/seen you do both . . . plenty of both on our cruise and I might just disagree. But, if it helps your self-esteem, you can believe whatever you want. Love that guitar hero! Contrats on being a softball reunion winner! That's great!
As an individual who knows talent when he see's it, I would like to volunteer to manage your singing career. I am invisioning something along the lines of William Hung fame and fortune!
Post a Comment