Tonight I am going to vent. This past week I decided it was time to move Olivia up into a toddler bed. She will be 3 in May, and as soon as Emma turned 2 she was out of her crib and potty trained. So I am slacking a little, but I figured with Olivia's hearing impairment and her communication skills, I am totally justified. We used her crib as her toddler bed, by taking the front rail off. The first night she cried because she didn't quite understand. She fell out of the bed twice. After landing on the pillows at 2 am, she ran into my room, got into my face and said "HI". She was wide awake. She did not go to sleep until 6 am, after I put her back in her bed for the tenth time. The next two nights were better, only falling out once. But she went right back to sleep. Last night, it was bad again. I went to bed at 1 am, and guess who woke me up at 430. What a little stinker. She cannot get back to sleep very easily, so we were up the rest of the morning. I finally put her up in the toyroom and put Elmo on for her at 7 am, and I got an hour of sleep. I feel like I have a newborn all over again. Lucky Me.
Dear Olivia June,
Please sleep until 8 am for Mommy! I will love you forever.
Sincerely, Your Mom
Sincerely, Your Mom



7 comments:
Oh shoot! I so sympathize. We went through quite the transition also with Macy. We ended up just putting her crib mattress on the floor with all her blankets and pillows. She stays in bed, but it took a good week of no sleep. My heart goes out to ya. Nothing sucks like not getting any sleep! It is absolutely the worst!!!!!
LOL, love your letter to Olivia
I'm glad to hear you finally made the jump! Go Livia. I'll be sure and call you every morning at 8 am since I know you'll be well rested!
How can you get mad at that sweet little face! She is sooooooo adorable. You should just wait until she is 3, then give her a queen sized bed, and call it good. It worked for Rachel and life is good. She stays in her room "until the sun comes up" and doesn't come out at night . . . or maybe I just have a genius child . . . huh
You are too funny, The letter to Olivia is great. Mabey I should try letters. . .I would have a whole notebook of them, anyways, she'll get it. Give it another week (or 2).
Ok, this is hilarious! Love your letter, it is so you!
WOW! So glad to know my kid is not the only naughty child when trying to go to the "big boy" bed. Best of luck my friend. I will be thinking about you when I am dealing with the same crap! :)
Post a Comment