These last 3 weeks have been quite tough around our household. Mostly because my Olivia is going through a ton of changes. I finally have potty trained her (wahoo!), but it is always a frustrating challenge. I hate diapers more than anything, but I also despise the kind-of accidents that suck to clean up. Half the time, I end up throwing the undies in the garbage. Believe me, I can always buy more. She started preschool at the School for the Deaf and Blind.
Here she is on her first day of school. 
Here is the van that takes her about an hour to and from school. She goes four days a week. I have no kids for about 3 hours in the morning. It is an awesome break.

Here is the van that takes her about an hour to and from school. She goes four days a week. I have no kids for about 3 hours in the morning. It is an awesome break.

She had her tonsils and adenoids out a week and a half ago. She needed them out because of sleep apnea and frequent strep infections. The doctor pulled them out he said the tonsils were huge, but the adenoids were even bigger. I was relieved until I took her home. It has been a real big pain in my you know what. I was totally thinking that it would be no big deal, but it has been extremely challenging and I think I have created a monster. Out of all five surgeries that she has had to date, this was by far the worst. To save my sanity I went with my sis to Idaho to see my other sis. There my cute Olivia got a new nickname, HELL on LORTAB. She truly exhibits this name when she is intoxicated with this drug. This is really the only drug that would relieve her pain, but she was mean and demanding and wacko. Just check out how enormous the bottle is (the one on the left).
I didn't even realize her pain could get this bad. What is funny is, my sister noticed that she still gets one refill, just in case. I could not believe it, what child needs that much Lortab, especially my little Hell on Lortab.Here she is before her relaxing Versed.

Here she is after the meds have kicked in, right before she is taken into surgery.




14 comments:
It's a good thing I love that little girl so much! You'd have to experience Hell on Lortab to believe it!
Sounds like you've had a challenging time. You are such a good mom and cute little Olivia couldn't be luckier, I hope all is starting to settle and that your doing good! Love you!
I can't believe that you drove all the way to Idaho with 'Hell on Lortab'! That equates to 'Hell on Wheels on Lortab'. Hopefully that little angel will sleep more soundly now to make it all worth it.
You sound so calm when you describe all of the pain Olivia is in. I guess it's the nurse in you. Ava has had tubes in her ears 3 times now and they wanted to take her adnoids out this last time but said she was too frail...she only weighs 28 lbs. I was frustrated because I wanted them out with hopes it would help her ear infections. Now that I hear about your experience I think I'm glad they didn't take them out. Good luck with the recovery. I hope she feels better soon.
OK Olivia's eyes in the last picture, made me want to cry. I hope she is doing better...you know if you need help, I live right down the street girl!!
That little sweetheart has been through so much and so have you. I hope that she get's better. Love you!
Oh What a few fun filled weeks you have had!!! What a bugger! I just love that little girl she is such a little spitfire :)
She is beautiful and your pictures look great. I'm jealous about the potty training. Girls are tough.
She is so dang cute! I have been there done that with little child getting tonsils and adnoids out, that does not equal fun!
Wow! and hour to school! And back! How does the van driver entertain the children for that long?
She is just so stinkin' cute!
How is it that you can take the most beautiful pictures?!?!? Of course you have got precious girls--despite the occasional bad behavior-WOW
Wow Girlie! You girls have had quite the little adventure. That is what people call it when you have a super sucky time and survive. Either that or a "learning experience". Either way they are total crap! I live close... please call if you need a break~ even if it is just a trip to the store without the little ones!
JORae- I love reading your blog. I've decieded the reason these kids are so cute if for times like that when you know, you feel like killing them. Good Luck!
yikes, i'm sorry you had to deal wiht lortab hell on a trip!! How are you dear? How is IMC? I miss you all!!
The poor thing:( She is so dang cute even when sick!
Yeah for you having some down time!
Post a Comment