Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tagged, the High School Way.

1. Did you date someone from your High School? Sure did, just two. I think my friends and I were more geared toward not dating anyone from our High School. I dated Steve Greaves and you all know Garrett, my main squeeze.

2. What kind of car did you drive? First was a beautiful blue Mazda long bed pickup truck, second, was a red nissan beatup sentra. (I am not sure what year the were, I just know they were old.)

3. What was the most embarrassing moment of High School for you? When my friends pushed me into running track, and I decided to do the hurdles. Okay, I was stupid. Because I am so short, I sucked. In a meet, I tripped over one hurdle and I climbed over a couple others. It was pathetic.

4. Were you a party animal? Sure, but not the type you may be thinking of. We partied by playing pranks and dressing up in formal wear to attend Bingham High's prom as a joke, single. We told the people at the front door that our dates were inside so we would not have to pay. It was pretty Hill-Air. I really enjoyed the way we partied.

5. Were you considered a flirt? Not really, that came after I got to college.

6. Were you in Band, Orchestra, or Choir? Um, no, but, I really should have been in choir, because I am so good. My sisters tell me all the time.

7. Were you a nerd? Definitely not.

8. Were you on any Varsity teams? No, I should have been, but I got screwed.

9. Did you ever get suspended/expelled? Nope, I was a goody two shoes.

10. Can you still sing the fight song? Not really, I just know the rolling hills part and actions that came with it.

11. Who were your favorite teachers? Carolyn at the Tech Center and Mr. Moiser (see Nanci's blog), but not for the reason she states. I just really liked his teaching style, plus he really liked me cause my boyfriend played soccer for him.

12. Where did you sit during lunch? Usually Mcdonalds, Arby's or Taco Bell with friends.

13. What was your school's full name? Hillcrest High School

14. School mascot? Harvey the Husky

15. Did you go to Homecoming? With who? I was not sixteen until July when I was a sophomore so that was a boring year. Junior Year, was with Steve Greaves. Senior Year, Garrett.

16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Why not? I think I would get much better grades the second time around.

17. What do you remember most about graduation? The partying afterwards. And going to Chicago with my HOSA class that month.

18. Where did you go Senior Skip Day? Is there a senior skip day? Because I thought senior's skip sporadically most of the year. I always went to the pool with my friends to lay out. Especially in May.

19. Were you in any clubs? HOSA is the only one (Health Occupation Students of America). Part of my Medical Assisting class at the Tech Center.

20. Have you gained some weight since then? Is this seriously a question, come on! Just check out my blog pics.

21. Who was your Prom Date? Garrett, both junior and senior years.

22. 10 year Reunion? Are you planning on going? Already went. It was interesting. Especially seeing certain people. It was at JS Memorial Building. I was quite impressed.

23. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Just learn from all my experiences and move on, High School is definitely not where it is at.

I will tag Jill, Jenn and Rachel. You may choose if you would like to participate.

9 comments:

J.E. said...

Why have I never heard your 'Hurdles' story before??? I am laughing so hard! Priceless. Amazing that you married your high school sweetie... and I'm so excited you did this tag.

Jami said...

This is a funny tag. Not sure if I am ready to divulge some of the info quite yet. Ya know...the kiddos might read it someday. :)

Quela said...

You totally should have been in choir! I've heard that fabulous voice of yours. Karaoke baby!

Nanci said...

How hard am I laughing right now about the hurdles??? Seriously. Jason is busting a gut over it too! You funny little thing.

jessica said...

I haven't ever heard the hurdle story either. We had some fun times, I'm so glad that you dated Steve so we could become good friends with you.
Would you ever mind doing some fall pictures of my kids? Let me know and we will talk prices. You are an amazing photographer!
Love ya

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

Jo, I about feel off my chair reading the track part. Crawled over some hurtles...Hill-Air!!!!!!! Dude I love you!

Anonymous said...

K, you are so funny! I, as well, knew nothing about the hurdle story! I am seriously laughing! As for your beautiful voice, let's just say that everyone needs to hear it! How about at Bonko giving a solo?

Jenn said...

Reading this was pretty "Hill-Air". I just noticed you tagged me, so I'll have do this later today.

Anonymous said...

I didnt' know you and Garrett dated in High School-- how cute:)