Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The mysterious garden grows.

Let me first say that I am not the best at gardening. I love, love, love tomatoes and cucumbers and I always steal them in August from anybody I can ie. Parents, sisters, coworkers. So last year I decided to plant a garden. I planted tomatoes, zucchini, and cucumbers. Needless to say the only thing that really worked was the tomatoes and my dogs ate half of them. After the season, I pulled all the plants and heaped them in a pile on the edge of the garden. Then I threw them away this spring. So this year I got a fence to keep the tomato-stealer dogs away. I decided ixnay on the zucchini, but decided the other two were worth it. All is well, and after a couple weeks I notice something growing right where the opening to the fence is. It happens to be right where the pile of old garden was. And yes I am growing the biggest zucchini plant I have ever seen myself. I wanted to show you all my magically seeding garden. Isn't it cool?




10 comments:

J.E. said...

AWESOME. Good Job LoLae! We are Garden people too. Home grown tomatoes are the best!!! We love our zuchinni you'll be happy you have it, just steam it and put butter and salt on it- it's so yummy!

Tebbs Times said...

Yummy!!! I need to be just like you!! I wish I was good at growing things other than weeds!! You rock!!!

RyanandHailee said...

Hooray for gardens!!! We are growing our first this year and so far so good! That is halarious about the zuchinni :) Your little garden looks fabulous I must say!

Jenn said...

You have green thumbs and you didn't even know it!

Anonymous said...

How come it grows when we don't mean to grow it, and doesn't grow when we want it to?

Jill said...

Your garden looks fab! Rememeber the garden you helped me plant 6or 7 yrs ago! Ha! You do have green thumbs!

Nanci said...

Zuchinni bread, zuchinni soup, steamed zuchinni . . . I wish I had a zuchinni plant. Maybe if I wish really hard one will appear like yours did. I love it! I know you told me about it over the phone, but I didn't really imagine it was THAT big!

Melanie said...

Dang JoRae!!! You even make gardening look cute! How do you do it!?!?!

Katie M. said...

One day I, too will have my own garden. As soon as I get a house that is :)

yes - this is your cousin, Katie!

Lindsay said...

Nice, I have a new-found love for zucchini bread, yum....