Yep, that's right I am officially thirty. I am not tooting the birthday horn by any means, so I don't need any congrats or Happy Birthday's, but I am going in denial over the fact that I have
left the 20's. I have heard many mixed reviews of how others felt when they turned thirty. One of my sisters said it was depressing, another sister said it was the best year of her life. Me, I am still contemplating. I am still young enough to do all the physical things I want, but old enough not to be asked by a salesperson every time I answer the door if my mom or dad are available (I should be grateful, but it is a pet peeve). There are definite downsides to aging. I think the biggest irritation is that life just seems to flash by so fast.
My husband bought me a new ipod for my birthday, which I needed and love. And my family always has a little celebration for me on the fourth of July with cake, candles and singing since my birthday is on the fifth. Even though I am getting really old, I still have an awesome supportive family. Thirty, schmirty is all I have to say. And, at least I am on the light side of 30 now, instead of the dark side of 20, right?
Quick Trip to Lake Powell
2 years ago



16 comments:
Just face it...you're old!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 30 is old!! But remember I am older than you!!!
I been 30 for almost a year now, and I haven't noticed any difference - that could be because I lie and tell people I'm 25...
Thats one option.
Happy Birthday and welcome. It's not too shabby...
Happy Birthday!! I still have 2 more years to the big 30 so I better enjoy them right!!
Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday! You are a baby!!!
Happy Birthday Jo! I am excited to go to Bunko. It is the highlight of my month!!! See you next week!
I'm glad you had a good B-day. Thirty is nothin' plus it's all in the mindframe. I don't even relate myself with age anymore, just life.
Luv Ya.
JoRae, at least your not looking at 42 like me this year my little cancer/horse! The best and the worst is still to come!
wow, JoRae, 10 comments and the post has only been on for 12 hours. You're so popular:) Happy Birthday!!! I always thought I looked young for my age (36 in 2 weeks) until 2 years ago when people started commenting to me that "it's great that my daughter and I work out together"... What!?! she's my sister and ONLY 10years younger than me...boo!!
Happy Birthday girl!!!
No matter what everyone else thinks you are still a baby!!! Happy Birthday!!!I will miss you at IMC.
Found Ya! (hope you don't mind). Happy Birthday Jorae (really, I can't wait to be 30, my mom said her 30's were the best ~ done havin' babies, get your body back, still young and all that jazz). Love to see your family, happy and healthy.
Oh, I forgot. The reason I was looking for you (Ash told me you girls had blogs) was because Pat Sutton has organized a SEEC reunion on August 3rd. If you'd like to see the invitation I will email it. Just let me know your email address. (You may have heard, Pat has been diagnosed with liver cancer and has not been given much time ~ hence the desire for a reunion).
Happy Birthday. 30....it happens to the best of us.
Post a Comment