Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Flashbacks to the "Day"

Does anybody remember?

I don't really remember much about my wedding day except that it was hurry, hurry, hurry all day long. I got really sick of it. Oh, and my family ate so many eclairs and desserts that we ran out, and had to start serving the cake. Here is a pic of some of us wedding partiers. Does it look familiar to anyone? I totally look different.
Our anniversary was this past Saturday and we have been married for 9 long, good years. It has definitely been a climb straight up, but it is so worth it and I would not trade it for anything.
We went to Vegas for our anniversary and had a blast. We got some sun, gambled a little (I am not an addict, just learned how to play craps, so fun!), went to see some shows, shopped around a little and of course.... slept! Three days without kids makes for a ton of sleeping. I just wanted to wish my husband of nine whole years, Happy Anniversary! I love you and thanks for all the memories.

12 comments:

J.E. said...

Oh my gosh, I am dying. Did you get a wedding video? We need to watch it if you did. That is awesome, It brings back so many memories. Good memories. I remember I loved your dress. Classic. I never realized how many of our friends got married in May until we're all talking about anniversaries this month. Well I've always liked Garret, he's more quiet when I've been around him, but I know he must treat you wonderful or you wouldn't have be going on your 9th year together(:
Happy Anniversary!!!

J.E. said...

P.S. My hair looks huge.

Nanci said...

Oh, you two were BABIES when you got married! Holy cow! Not that you look old now, you just look so young!

Ummmmm, where am I in that wedding picture? Oh yeah, that's right. I wasn't asked to be a bridesmaid. j/k we weren't really close friends back in the day.

Congrats on the 9 years. We'll have to go on a cruise next year to celebrate your 10 year like we did last year for me and Jason!

jessica said...

So dang cute! I just think that it's kindof wierd that you married your brother! Ha ha ha! You two look so much alike. That was a fun day. Congrats to the two of you, I can't believe that it has been 9 years! It seriously just seems like a couple of years ago. Love you and miss you!

Jenn said...

You look like itty bitty babies!

Don't ever show my husband that pic either...he would for sure cut my hair while I'm sleeping.

Quela said...

Awwwwwwwww You guys look so cute! Congrats on nine years! and Happy Anniversary!

Gooches said...

cutest picture ever! you were so young!!

Anonymous said...

that is so fun to see you on your weddung day!! i love the pictures:)

cami said...

Congratulations! Nanci was right! You were babies! I remember your reception! It was so pretty and you were a dang cute bride!

J.E. said...

I love that you like Teagan and Sara. I like them too.

Jami said...

I can't believe how young you look. Too cute.

Laura said...

Wow, JoRae, you look as young as I did back in my day. Congratulations on the 9 years. You also looked beautiful! (Laura)