Sunday, December 21, 2008

December Happenings

Wow, I have a feeling this is going to be a long post. There has been so much going on that I haven't had the time to sit down and blog about it. I wish I could just sit back, relax and enjoy everything that is happening around me, but I can't. Too much running around, not near enough time to really think about the true meaning of Christmas. Today was nice to go to church and sit in sacrament and hear all the Christmas songs. It got me to thinking about how much I love this time of year, even though it is busy. Here are some cute pics from many of our fun events. Just remember, I told you it might be lengthy.


POLAR EXPRESS
This year we braved the cold and went on the Polor Express up in Heber. The girls liked it, especially Emma. They read the book to the kids, get to see Santa, sing Christmas songs, and eat cookies and Hot Chocolate. It was a lot of fun and definitely got us in the Christmas Spirit.








































































































ANNUAL FRIEND CHRISTMAS PARTY
Every year all the friends from high school / college, get together and have a big 'ol bash. The highlight this year was of course hob a long dressing her scooter up Christmas style. She broke her foot a while ago and hasn't been able to walk on it until recently. I always love to get together with these girls and eat and talk all night long. It is so good to get caught up on everything. Thanks Linds, it was so fun.


































EMMA IS SIX!
Seriously, how come they grow up so fast? I just don't get it. One minute they are a cute cuddly infant and the next minute they are sassy and emotional. We didn't do a big birthday party this year, just Emma's cousin and the family decided to go bowling and then to lunch. Bowling alleys are so kid friendly, it is amazing. They loved it. And you want to know who won? Oh it wasn't me or Garrett, it was Olivia. She is so impulsive that she would grab the ball, stick it on the rack thingy, and push it, just so mommy or daddy wouldn't have to help. And, she won! What? I need to practice more on the Wii I guess.




































































CARVER CHRISTMAS SHIN DIG
Every year we get together at the Carver's for a fun Christmas Partay. We all get cheap stocking stuffers for each other, eat good food, sing songs, and Santa joins us for a little fun. This year it was on Emma's birthday, so she was livin' it up with all her presents. She also helps Santa pass out a couple gifts, and you would have thought she had gone to heaven. She gets starry eyed when she sees Santa, it is so cute. I thought for sure Olivia would be afraid, but at preschool they learned all about him and how to say his name so when he showed up to the door, and she said "Santa". You can only imagine the shock on my face.








































DANCE RECITAL
Emma started a new studio this year with her cousin Gracie. She really likes it. She takes a ballet/jazz class, and a hip hop class. I cannot believe her improvement over this year from last year. She did awesome and I am so proud of her!







































Just when you thought I was finished, I just wanted to wish you all a Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year. Hope your season has been as great as mine. ( I think I have gotten cheesier lately, tell me to stop!)

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love all the pics and reading a long post from you - good job and MERRY CHIRSTMAS!

¨*:·.TIFF.·:*¨ said...

you weren't joking - you have had a crazy long month!
it was good seeing you on sunday. your girls are darling!

Nanci said...

What in the Hip-Hop??? That is so cute! Friends Christmas party was the BEST! Merry Christmas Sista!

Jill said...

That is so cute Emma and Gracie looking like little gangsters! So it really looks like Gary was Santa. Am I right? Have a Merry Christmas and sure do love ya!

Jamie said...

I need to hire you to just follow me around with a camara. Your pictures look so good!

RyanandHailee said...

So... Cute! Loved all the pics and updates! Love ya